Wondering how the college admission process works? You’re not alone.
This step-by-step list is how most college admission processes operate!
Visit the colleges you’re interested in attending. Be sure to meet with admissions teams to best understand their processes and how you should apply if you’re ready for that step.
- Apply. Complete a paper or online application, and submit ACT or SAT scores and transcripts.
- Apply for financial aid. While waiting to hear if you’ve been accepted, go to FAFSA.gov and complete your family’s financial aid information.
- Once accepted, you’ll be required to pay an enrollment deposit to secure your spot.
- Complete your housing forms (now it’s getting exciting!) that you’ll receive from your admissions counselor from the college.
- There are more forms to complete! Health forms, Dining forms, etc.
- Send your final transcripts. You’ll work with your high school counselor to get this process started.
- Orientation day. Most colleges will invite you to attend an orientation day on campus during the summer.
- Athletes have a few more steps to complete; check with the school you will be attending for these checklists.